There’re a lot of Believers in the Body of Christ who’re convinced that the Bible teaches that Christians should be poor or at the least we shouldn’t aspire to any measure of financial success. But the truth is there’re NO scriptures in either the Old or the New Testaments that say this.
As a matter of fact, what the Bible DOES say in the New Testament in Galatians 3:13 is that Christ has REDEEMED (rescued by the payment of a ransom) us from the curse of the Law. The origin of lack, poverty, and insufficiency is the curse so we who believe are REDEEMED from those financial conditions. To teach that poverty is a preferred condition for the Believer is to MISUNDERSTAND the work of redemption on the Cross of Calvary.
The New Testament DOES warn against the love of money and giving money too high a priority in one’s life and depending on money; but it does NOT teach poverty. Rather, it teaches good stewardship of God’s provision and that the purpose of money in the life of a Believer is to use it to participate in the establishment and expansion of the Kingdom of God. Another use is to assist those who are TEMPORARILY poor and to shelter the widows and orphans. The Bible also teaches that we should be CONTENTED with the amount of God’s provision and to use it as we are directed by the Holy Spirit.
The Bible does NOT teach that all Believers are going to be millionaires and to teach that is a distortion of the true Prosperity message of the Gospel. Some will be millionaires and some won’t, depending upon God’s plans and purposes and upon the abilities and experiences of individual Believers. It’s wrong to teach Believers that the lack of wealth in their lives is necessarily the result of weak faith or unrighteousness. The truth is though most Christians are FAR below their financial potential but it’s because they haven’t studied the Word of God and learned how to make its power operate for them in the financial arena.
Read your Bibles and hold on to the Truth you find there instead of embracing incorrect teaching from others. We each have a responsibility to find our own illumination from the Word so we can fulfill our potential in the Kingdom of God.
Accompanying this brief article is a listing of 100 Prosperity Scriptures you can find in your Bibles. And there are hundreds of others but we had to set a limit. When somebody tells you you’re supposed to be poor or that your lack and insufficiency is part of God’s plan for your life, just pull out these scriptures for reassurance because Jesus has already paid for our PROSPERITY. He came to give you abundant LIFE which includes financial abundance. We can’t help ministries and other folks until our own financial needs have been met and this is God’s REAL plan for the New Testament Believer.
Let the Word bless and keep you in Jesus name.
MAKE A WAY MINISTRIES
1. Genesis 26:12 – Now Isaac sowed in that land (during a famine) and reaped in the same year a hundredfold.
2. Deuteronomy 5:33 – You shall walk in all the way which the Lord your God has commanded you, that you may live and that it may be well with you, and that you may prolong your days in the land which you will possess.
3. Deuteronomy 8:18 – But you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who is giving you the power to make wealth, that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
4. Deuteronomy 28: 2 – All the blessings (of the Lord) will come upon me if I obey Him.
5. Deuteronomy 28:6 – Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.
6. Deuteronomy 28:8 – The Lord will command the blessing upon you in your barns and in all that you put your hand to, and He will bless you in the land which the Lord your God gives you.
7. Deuteronomy 28:11 – The Lord will make you abound in prosperity.
8. Deuteronomy 28:12 – The Lord will open for you His good storehouse, the heavens, to give rain to your land in its season and to bless all the work of your hand…(but) you shall not (need to) borrow.
9. Deuteronomy 28:13 – The Lord will make you the head and not the tail, and you only will be above, and you will not be underneath…
10. Deuteronomy 29:9 – So keep the words of this covenant to do them, that you may prosper in all that you do.
11. Deuteronomy 30:8-9 – And you shall again obey the Lord, and observe all His commandments which I command you today. Then the Lord your God will prosper your abundantly in all the work of your hand, in the offspring of your cattle and in the produce of your ground, for the Lord will again rejoice over you for good, just as He rejoiced over your fathers…
12. Deuteronomy 30:15 – See, I have set before you today life and prosperity, and death and adversity…
13. Joshua 1:8 – This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success.
14. 1 Chronicles 29:12 – Both riches and honor come from You, and You rule overall, and in Your hand is power and might; and it lies in Your hand to make great and to strengthen everyone.
15. 2 Chronicles 31:21 – Every work which (King Hezekiah)began in the service of the house of God in law and in commandment, seeking his God, he did with all his heart and prospered.
16. Job 36:11 – If they hear (obey) and serve Him, they will end their days in prosperity and their years in pleasures.
17. Psalm 1:1-3 – How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the path of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers! But his delight is in the law of the lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers.
18. Psalm 5:12 – It is You who blesses the righteous man, o Lord, you surround him with favor as with a shield.
19. Psalm 8:6 – You have made man to rule over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet.
20. Psalm 18:20 – The Lord has rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands He has recompensed me.
21. Psalm 18:32 – It is God who girds me with strength and makes my way perfect.
22. Psalm 23:1 – The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want (lack).
23. Psalm 25:12-14 – Who is the man who fears the Lord? He will instruct him in the way he should choose. His soul will abide in prosperity, and his descendants will inherit the land. The secret of the Lord is for those who fear Him, and He will make them know His covenant.
24. Psalm 31:23 – The Lord preserves the faithful and fully recompenses the proud doer.
25. Psalm 34:19 – Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivers them out of them all.
26. Psalm 35:9-10 – O fear the Lord, you His saints; for to those who fear Him there is no want…they who seek the Lord shall not be in want of any good thing.
27. Psalm 36:27 – The Lord delights in the prosperity of His servant.
28. Psalm 37:4 – Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart.
29. Psalm 37:11 – The humble will inherit the land and will delight themselves in abundant prosperity.
30. Psalm 37:18-19 – The Lord knows the days of the blameless, and their inheritance will be forever. They will not be ashamed in the time of evil, and in the days of famine they will have abundance.
31. Psalm 55:22 – Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.
32. Psalm 56:4 – In God, whose word I praise, in God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me?
33. Psalm 56:9 – This I know, that God is for me.
34. Psalm 57:1 – In the shadow (covering) of Your wings (protection) I will take refuge until destruction passes by.
35. Psalm 66:12 – We went through fire and through water, yet You brought us out into a wealthy place.
36. Psalm 112:1, 3 – How blessed is the man who fears (reveres) the Lord, who greatly delights in His commandments. Wealth and riches are in his house, and his righteousness endures forever.
37. Psalm 112:5-8 – It is well with the man who is gracious and lends (quick to give); he will maintain his cause in (good) judgment, for he will never be shaken…he will not fear evil tidings; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord; his heart is upheld, he will not fear, until he looks with satisfaction on his adversaries.
38. Psalm 115:14-15 – May the Lord give you increase, you and your children. May you be blessed of the Lord, Maker of heaven and earth.
39. Psalm 118:6 – The Lord is for me; I will not fear; what can man do to me?
40. Psalm 126:5-6 – Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting. He who goes to and fro weeping, carrying his bag of seed, shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, bringing his sheaves with him (he shall come again with a shout of joy to gather up the harvest).
41. Psalm 128:1 – How blessed is everyone who fears the Lord, who walks in His ways…you will be happy and it will be well with you.
42. Psalm 132:15 – I will abundantly bless her (Zion) provision.
43. Psalm 147:11 – The Lord favors those who fear (revere) Him, those who wait on His loving kindness.
44. Proverbs 3:6 – In all your ways acknowledge (seek) Him, and He will make your paths straight.
45. Proverbs 3:9-10 – Honor the Lord from your wealth and from the first of all your produce; so your barns will be filled with plenty and your vats will flow with new wine.
46. Proverbs 10:4 – Blessings are on the head of the righteous.
47. Proverbs 10:22 – It is the blessing of the Lord that makes rich, and He adds no sorrow to it.
48. Proverbs 11:25 – The generous man will be prosperous, and he who waters will himself be watered.
49. Proverbs 11:28 – He who trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will flourish like the green leaf.
50. Proverbs 13:21 – Adversity pursues sinners, but the righteous will be rewarded with prosperity.
51. Proverbs 15:6 – Great wealth is in the house of the righteous…
52. Proverbs 16:20 – He who gives attention to the word will find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
53. Proverbs 19:17 – One who is gracious to a poor man lends to the Lord, and He will repay him for his good deed.
54. Proverbs 22:4 – The reward of humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, honor and life.
55. Proverbs 28:13 – He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will find compassion.
56. Proverbs 28:20 – A faithful man will abound with blessings…
57. Proverbs 28:25 – … he who trusts in the Lord will prosper.
58. Isaiah 48:15 – The Lord will make my ways prosperous.
59. Isaiah 48:17 – Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit (increase), who leads you in the way you should go.
60. Malachi 3:10-11 – “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this,” says the Lord of hosts, “if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows. Then I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of the ground; nor will your vine in the field cast its grapes, says the Lord of hosts.”
61. Matthew 6:33 – Seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things (that you have need of) will be added to you.
62. Matthew 6:7-8 – Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
63. Matthew 19:26 – With God all things are possible.
64. Mark 9:23 – All things are possible to him who believes.
65. Mark 10:27 – With people it is impossible, but not with God; for all things are possible with God.
66. Mark 11:22-24 – Have faith in God. Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, “Be taken up and cast into the sea,” and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him. Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you.
67. Luke 6:38 – Give and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure – pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.
68. Luke 10:19 – Behold I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you.
69. Luke 11:9-10 = So I say to you, ask and it will be given to you ; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it will be opened.
70. John 10:10 – The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I (Jesus) came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
71. John 14:13-14 – Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.
72. John 15:7 – If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
73. Romans 8:28 – And we know that God causes all things to work to together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
74. Romans 8:31 – What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?
75. Romans 8:35 – Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
76. Romans 8:37 – But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.
77. Romans 10:12 – For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him.
78. I Corinthians 15:57 – Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
79. 2 Corinthians 2:14 – Thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place.
80. 2 Corinthians 5:7 – We walk by faith, not by sight.
81. 2 Corinthians 8:9 – For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sake He became poor, so that you through His poverty might become rich.
82. 2 Corinthians 9:6-7 – …he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully…for God loves a cheerful giver.
83. 2 Corinthians 9:8 – And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed.
84. 2 Corinthians 9:10 – He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness.
85. 2 Corinthians 9:11 – You will be enriched in everything for all liberality, which through us is producing thanksgiving to God.
86. Galatians 3:13-14 = Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us…in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
87. Galatians 6:7-9 – Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.
88. Philippians 4:6 – Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
89. Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
90. Philippians 4:19 – My God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
91. 1 Timothy 6:6 – … godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment.
92. Hebrews 10:36 – Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.
93. Hebrews 11:6 – He who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.
94. James 1:2-4 – Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing tht the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
95. James 1:25 – (The) one who looks intently at (the Word) and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does.
96. James 4:7 – Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
97. 1 John 3:22 – … whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight.
98. 1 john 4:4 –… greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.
99. 1 John 5:4-55 – For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world – our faith. Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
100. 3 John 2 – I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.